The Irish Horse Board (IHB) is a Co-operative society with approximately 30,000 shareholders and is the representative body for horse breeders and producers in Ireland. Its objectives include increasing the prosperity of those engaged in the horse industry in Ireland by co-operative action in all aspects of the industry, including promotion and marketing.
In 2022 the Irish Horse Board was awarded a Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine (DAFM) tender for the delivery of marketing services for the Sport Horse Sector in Ireland. The National Marketing service to be provided is, to promote and market Irish bred horses and Irish breeders and producers, to protect, enhance and build the reputation of the sport horse industry, to increase National and International exposure of the Irish Sport Horse Industry and Equestrianism and to maximise the economic return to breeders relative to expenditure.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced person who will play a crucial role in overseeing the operational aspects of our Co-op campaigns, ensuring the smooth functioning of our operations, and supporting the delivery of exceptional events and customer service to our stakeholders.
- Implement operational plans to support the company’s annual plans and growth strategy objectives.
- Manage the approved resources effectively to optimise productivity and meet the Co-op’s annual operational and campaign objectives.
- Oversee the execution of promotion and marketing projects and campaigns, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the Co-operative’s expectations.
- Continuously evaluate and improve operational processes and workflows to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, provide data driven metrics for effective reports.
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders, including breeders, producers, owners and riders, to create compelling promotional campaigns with the marketing team.
- Plan, organise and execute trade stand marketing events at exhibitions and trade fairs, to showcase the excellence of Irish Sport Horses and the overall industry.
- Provide metrics and reports required from each event and project in line with Co-op requirements.
- Develop the relationships with potential customers of Irish horses, and ensure that Co-op advice and assistance is current, user-friendly, engaging, and supportive.
- Work closely with other members of the organisation’s team to ensure that all communication activities are aligned with the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and best practices to ensure compliance and competitive advantage.
- Proven experience of at least 5 years, in planning and execution of equine industry focused stakeholder events.
- Strong understanding of the Irish Sport Horse industry, its key players, and target audience.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate, build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and hosting trade stands at exhibitions/events and the provision of effective promotion activity nationally and internationally at such events.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage positively with stakeholders to deliver strategic objectives.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to handle multiple event and promotional campaigns simultaneously within allocated budgets.
- Exceptional organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- A passion for horses and the equine industry.
If you are a highly motivated and experienced person with an event planning, promotional background and have a passion for operational excellence, we would love to hear from you. Join our dynamic team and play a crucial role in promoting and elevating this thriving industry to new heights.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Candidates may be shortlisted for interview based on their application. Salary will be commensurate with experience and calibre of person selected.
To make an application for this role, please send a comprehensive curriculum vitae and a personal statement outlining how your experience represents a fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm. on Saturday 22nd July 2023.